Monday, February 22, 2010

Embossing Tricks & Tips

I recently created this LO for Method Playground's Heat Embossing Challenge.
I thought I'd share some of the techniques I used on this page.


Here are the supplies I used. A heat gun, 2 colors of embossing powder (I love American Craft's ZING powders) stamps, versa mark ink, chipboard and paper flowers...plus some glimmer mist (not pictured).

I stamped the flowers with am acrylic stamp. Then embossed the design on with white powder.

It came out kind of messy... so I inked the edges with versa mark and dusted it with blue powder and then reheated it. I like the messy artsy result.


I don't have a close up of the bracket but I used the embossing powder as a resist for glimmer mist. I stamped the chipboard piece with a texture stamp, then embossed it. I sprayed Glimmer mist on after that. The embossing powder resisted the mist making the effect more dramatic.

No comments: