Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vacation Pics Part 1

I've spent the last few days in Illinois. First, for my cousin Amanda's wedding, which was beautiful. I got to spend time with my extended family who I only get to see every few years. It was wonderful seeing them all again, especially my grandpa, who's 90 next month, yet danced more than me at the wedding. You should have seen him grooving to Lady Gaga. It was adorable!! Dad, Sherri, & I also visited Naper Settlement, a living history museum.

The last couple days have been spent in downtown Chicago. We went on an architectural boat tour down the Chicago River, walked down Navy Pier, had cocktails and dessert on the 96th floor of the Hancock Building (a much better deal than paying $20 to go a few floors higher to the observation deck), shopped on Michigan Ave., went with my lovely scrappy friends Tricia & Jeanne to Frank Lloyd Wright's House & Studio, and spent the afternoon at Shedd Aquarium. Tomorrow it's the beach & a piano concert in the park, with the Taste of Chicago festival for dinner.

Here are some of my fave photos so far.

The Bride & Groom, so cute! : )
A Bridesmaid's Bouquet- I loved her wedding colors!
Dad & Grandpa :)
Naper Settlement

Me & TAG! It was nice to finally meet her (& Jeanne!!)
Stormy Skyline...no rain, just clouds for a bit.
Love the reflections in the buildings.

This building was my fave. :)

Skyline from the Museum complex
Frank's House.

Cocktails at the top of the Hancock Building

6 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

those pics are so awesome! I love that you got to meet tag and jeanne! :)
that building with the reflection is soooooo cool!

Unknown said...

Great pics! Looks like a Fab vacation! I love places like Chicago - I went on vacation there last year and saw completely different things than you saw! So big, so much to see!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! GORGEOUS photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the clouds on the building! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Great photos! Makes me want to travel to Chicago-never been even though I live relatively close!

kate blue said...

your pictures are wonderful-love that your grandpa was grooving with Lady gaGa!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.